Founded in October 2018, Faith in Indiana’s Hamilton County chapter is the only countywide voice for change. We knit together people impacted by racial and economic inequality in Noblesville, Fishers, Carmel, and Westfield.
Some of this chapter’s proudest victories are:
- We stopped efforts to build a private immigrant detention facility in Newton County.
- Our “Solidarity in Action” congregations protected immigrants targeted by ICE.
- We won a commitment from the sheriff to end ICE detainers and explore jail diversion – redirecting people with mental illness and addiction into treatment, not jail.
- We helped defeat the “loan shark” bill, which would have brought back payday lending.
- We stopped a proposal that would have allowed children as young as 12 years old to be tried as adults.